Skip to content
How to enter Open Meets
- Look on website for up and coming galas.
- Identify the events that you wish to enter.
- Make sure that the swimmer is eligible to compete in that event.
- Entry times must be filled in on the form, if you have no entry time you must email coach for an estimate.
- Complete paperwork and provide the correct amount of money.
- Hand in form to >>>> before the Stevenage’s closing date.
How Open Meets are run
- Acceptance list will be issued 2-3 weeks prior to gala.
- Confirmation of warm up times will be issued along with start times of the first race.
- Swimmers are REQUIRED to warm up and then should sit with the rest of the team until their swim.
- Swimmers will be sent to a marshalling area where they will be put into heats with other swimmers.
- Events are swam in time order, dependent upon entry time.
- Swimmers will be escorted to the starting end of the pool.
- Races are then swum with times recorded.
- Once the swimmer has finished, they MUST report back to the coach on poolside for a debrief on their swim.